Monday, August 12, 2013

Are We There Yet? 2/16/10



Today, I told some of my co-workers... "I feel like I am a little kid, in the back seat of a car. I am headed somewhere...not exactly sure where that somewhere is, how we are going to get there or how long it will take.
I feel that antsy feeling that I did as a kid. Insecure with the unknown-ness of this all.
...simply left asking, "Are we there yet?""

Waiting on the Lord is a crazy thing.
Really, it is.
I have basically come to the conclusion that I don't get it.
I don't yet understand how to wait with faith.
How to wait upon the Lord with grace and eloquence.
I simply flop around and ask, "Are we there yet?"
Usually, we are still in the driveway, and I am already asking, "Are we there yet?"

I read this today, and it seemed to clear my vision a bit, yet it left me with some meat to chew on.
Yep, I don't get it yet.

“Never, ever in our wait, is God inactive. NEVER. We have got to trust that if ever he puts a stay on something, if ever he has put a hold on something, if ever he has called us to wait upon Him: SOMETHING is up. Something is happening in the heavenlies. There is someway that things on earth are coming into the will of the things in Heaven. And we have got to trust Him.
“ Isaiah 40:31 in the KJV:
‘But those who wait on the LORD, Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.’

“What is more exhausting than waiting? What? And here scripture says if we wait upon the Lord, he is going to renew all our strength. Whereas to us it (waiting) feels the more we wait the weaker we feel. (The Lord knows) we will lose our strength, our strength will be depleted if we wait upon ‘The Thing.’ When we wait upon a person, a thing, an event, we will lose; but if your waiting on the Lord, you will renew your strength: you’ll renew strength, you’ll mount up as eagles. Do you see the difference? We’re waiting on the THING. We’re waiting on the...(fill in the blank) wedding day, we’re waiting on that baby, were waiting on that promotion, waiting on that provision... you fill in the blank...(waiting on that Visa). And these are huge things to wait on, important things, noble things to pray for and to want but if all we’re doing is DAY after DAY waiting on the thing, waiting on the event: we’re depleted because the event, person, thing doesn’t come. Wait upon the Lord, WAIT UPON THE LORD. Sit as a watchman on the wall and wait upon the Lord. With expectancy and anticipation that the longer you(God) are taking the harder you(God) are working and I cannot wait to see what you are orchestrating in the heavenlies. The longer we wait the more we’re to renew our strength. Tell the Lord in prayer...IT waits but cause me to wait on you and not just the thing. Renew my strength. Listen to the words of Habakkuk 2:3: ‘For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”
-Beth Moore

How do I wait upon the Lord?
I wait on him...Not on the thing.
All else doesn't matter compared to him. Right?

Geese, I have no idea how to balance waiting on the Lord and waiting on the thing.
I have to grab a hold of faith that this "thing" is in his plan for my life,
but I have to wait upon the Lord, not the thing.
Aghhhh...

All in all...I am still battling this...searching for truth.
I choose to wait upon the LORD.
I choose to believe that he will show up.
I choose to have confidence that he is the driver, and he does know where he is going.
I choose to enjoy the ride...enjoy my driver, not miss him...
Instead of constantly saying or feeling,
"are we there yet?"

P.s. I know I am rambling...just trying to put words to some of my feelings...what I am working through.
P.s.s. Tell me what you think about all this? Have you ever had to Wait upon the Lord? A situation completely out of your control?

No comments:

Post a Comment