Monday, August 12, 2013

God Has Answered Faith 3/19/09


"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the Father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, 'So shall your offspring be.' ***Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead- since he was about 100 years old- and Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet, he did not waiver in unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised."
Romans 4:18-21

I remember one day of our journey so distinctly that I could virtually relive it in my mind. We had only been married 6months, but we had decided that we were ready to start our family. Really, the truth is that we liked the idea of having a family and saw no reason to preventing it... We took out the goalie...as so many seem to say at our church:) Anyway, I was relaxing one evening, taking a bath. Don't dwell on that one too long, and I was praying for my future baby...As I was sitting there, I kept hearing a name. It started out as a small whisper, almost like when there is a light breeze that brushes against your cheek that makes you look up from what your doing. Well, the voice got louder and louder, and I continued to hear the same name over and over again....

I knew instantly that it was to be one of my children's names...in fact, I had only heard it once before, but it was and is the most beautiful name I have ever heard. I raced out of the bath and ran to the computer...quickly, I typed in Eliana to the Babynames.com...My Jaw dropped...Eliana: God has answered.

In some ways, I knew at that very moment that this was to be the beginning of a very long journey. Little did I know all that it would lead us through...

Fast Forward....2 and 1/2 yrs later. Here we are still waiting, dreaming, and hoping for our little Eliana...Eliana Faith: God has answered faith. As Abraham and Sarah, we are fully persuaded that God has the power to do what he has promised.

Daily, I must choose to stand in the rain. Superchick says it well:
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day, whats lost can be found
You stand in the rain

I am digging my heals in, believing in miracles, and inviting you along for the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment