Monday, August 12, 2013

He Will Carry Me. 4/12/09


4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
-Isaiah 53:4-5

During a more difficult day in my journey, I was desperate for the presence of God in my life. 

I sat waiting, hungry to hear from Him. 
As I sat waiting patiently upon Him, I was reminded of this painting. It was vivid in my mind. 
It was so apparent that this was me, collapsed into the arms of Jesus. I felt completely broken, exhausted, heartbroken, and crushed from trying to have the faith that moves mountains and feeling defeated...

Now, as I contemplated this picture, I could see myself not just in this state of despair all alone, but collapsed in the arms on Jesus.

Also, the Lord led me immediately to this song.


It was a song I had not heard in a very long time, as it is pretty old school, but the power of this picture along side these words made me weep.

Lay Down Your Burdens By Amy Grant

CHORUS
Lay down your burden I will carry you
I will carry you my child, my child
Lay down your burden I will carry you
I will carry you my child, my child

Cause I can walk on water ..
Calm a restless sea
I've done a thousand things you've never done
And I'm really watching
While you struggle on your way
Call on my name, Ill come

Repeat Chorus

I give vision to the blind
I can raise the dead
I've seen the darker side of hell
And I've returned
I've seen those sleepless night
And Count every tear you cry
Some lessons hurt to learn

You see...

As you see in Isaiah 53, He went to the cross for this very reason, 
so when I feel all of these things that I can simply fall into his arms. 
I love the embrace of my savior. 
On this Easter, I remember that it was my sin that held Jesus on that cross. 
He willingly went to the cross, endured the punishment for my sin, all so that I might live. 
I need not live with a heavy burden. 
He took that up for me, so I can experience the abundant life! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment